Part 1 of this series looked at the changing workforce and why collaboration plays such a critical role in making your most important employees more productive. Part 2 of the series explored how collaboration can add value to your company. In this article we will examine how to set the direction for companywide collaboration to support an important business driver for your company.
In part 1 of this series we explored how the changing workforce, and the work we are performing, is driving the need for improved enterprise collaboration. In this article, we will explore how collaboration adds value to a business. As I stated in the series overview, these articles will pull content from many different sources, so I hope it acts as a concise reference for you to speak about collaboration in terms of a way to add value to your business.
Within this article, I will:
- Provide a definition for internal collaboration
- Discuss how collaboration adds value
- Identify how to achieve strategic benefits with collaboration
- Identify the different types of collaboration
- Help you identify where your company is within the collaboration life-cycle